2009 has been a great year for Frank and I. We have been able to do a lot of great things together and individually to make it a fantastic year. Frank is still working hard for Link, Norway and he is still enjoying his job very much. He travels quite a bit and is also working from home when he's not on the road. He enjoys having a flexible job that is rewarding and gives him time to spend with his family.
I have been doing a lot of things this year too. I have been able to do fun things with singing, and have met a lot of great people. The first half of the year was incredibly busy for me, and I travelled quite a bit. During January and February I took part in La Boheme and prepared for 3 different competitions. I realized quite quickly that competitions are not really my cup of tea, but I got to spend a week in Vienna and had a great experience. When I returned from Vienna, I did one of my Masters recitals in March, and then I had a lead in an opera at Griegakademiet in May. In June, I took the kids to the states, and Frank joined us a few weeks later. We had a fabulous summer enjoying family and friends in the states, and I learned that we are expecting our 3rd child in February. Since returning from the states, I finished my 3rd semester at school. That means I have one semester left, and I plan to take a leave from school for a year while I have the baby and stay home with him. I will most likely return to school in January of 2011, and take a year to finish my degree as a 50% student while I am mostly home with the new little guy.
Frank and I took a super-fun vacation this fall. We took a whole week and enjoyed a cruise to Spain and Portugal. We decided it would be a while before we got another chance and had babysitters, so we ran with the opportunity. We had a relaxing sunny vacation where we were able to reconnect and remember that it started with just the two of us, and we still enjoy when it is just us two.
Our Christmas has been fabulous. We had all of Frank's family here for Christmas and enjoyed being together. I was able to sing in Grieghallen for my first time as a soloist, and be the Soprano soloist in Messiah this season. Frank has been having a great time with the boys, and has enjoyed skiing, sledding and playing a lot. He has realized that it's pretty great to have boys and that they are going to be great fun to do things with as they grow. They love having time with pappa and doing fun things. It's been a blessed year and Christmas season. Now we just have to look forward to and prepare for this new little baby boy =0)
David and Michael started barnehage, or full day preschool, in September, and they love it. They are in a tour-group that takes trips all over the Bergen area every other week. They have a lot of great experiences, and enjoy their time playing with the other children and being in a Norwegian environment. Their Norwegian has become very good this past few months. David has become quite the little translator lately. He's very cute. Michael is a shadow of whatever David does, and they are almost always best friends.
1 comment:
Yeah glad you updated the blog. It has been so long. I wish we could have done more when you were here over the summer. Next time you come we will all have 3 little monkey's running around. Crazy how time flies. Sounds like you are staying busy and happy. Hope all is well and everything goes well with the delivery of your baby.
Post a Comment